4.22.2010

Bridget Jones's Diary

I've always found it hard to choose a favourite movie, or a favourite anything, but the thing is I've never watched THAT many movies, so I feel like I don't have much to choose from.

Anyway, I'm sticking to this one: Bridget Jones's Diary, starring Reneé Zellweger, Colin Firth and Hugh Grant, directed by Sharon Maguire.

According to The Internet Movie Database (www.imb.com), the plot is about 'a British woman who is determined to improve herself while she looks for love in a year in which she keeps a personal diary'. That's pretty much it.

 First time I watched it was about seven years ago. I rented a DVD, watched it and loved it. I like it because it's funny to see the way she always messes up, is contradictory and kind of flushes her life down the toilet a couple of times during the film. Somehow she's got all the answers right in front of her, but she can't see them because she's too busy doing everything wrong. But of course, there is a happy ending. Twice, because I love 'Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason' too.

I don't know if this is better than many other movies, but to me is important because of all the above, plus the British accent and the excess of sarcasm.

Here's the trailer:




:D see you next week!

[Angelica]

1 comment:

  1. HI Angelica, Nice to see you are still in one piece. Great movie and the book is even bettter. I tell you if you watch it again when you are 30 you'll enjoy it even more.

    ReplyDelete