4.14.2010

Knee kick! Poppin'! Stomp! Wave! Krump!



 This is korean tv spot. I found it about a year ago while lurking around Livejournal communities. I checked it out because it was featuring one of my favourite korean boy bands: SHINee.

First, I laughed out loud. I think it's ridiculous because it advertises some snacks (Oduggi Chips, to be exact) and they're convincing me to buy them by showing me these guys making these weird dance moves.

Oddly, it works, I bought a can of apple juice and a bag of sweet snacks just yesterday because the package had some korean idols faces on it. Korea KNOWS how to base advertising on young music idols. So it's funny and ridiculous but it's effective. In their country, at least.

I like it because it helps me to understand the way perception changes among different countries. In Chile, guys would probably say 'oh that's SO GAY!' and wouldn't buy the product in a million years. It's just fascinating!

I love it  ♥

5 comments:

  1. XD
    it's really funny... but... I remember some tv show here in Chile...and they looks just like the boys in the Ad... maybe the bought a can of apple juice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajaajaj I also think they're very gay, I wouldn't buy something becasuse of this commercial but I agree that in some places it really works. But I have to admit that although I don't think I would buy the snacks I would remember the spot and I also laughed when I watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. XD yea, a lot of people could say "gay", but... who cares??
    I have 2 or 3 song fron SHINee!!!! (as musicians they are pretty good, I think)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paloma you're my heroine~ you like SHINee too!
    I don't like them, I love them :D I would buy this and thir Mexicana Chicken box too ♥♥♥

    thank you for your comments, my beloved classmates~ ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they're very gay too but you are right about Chilean perception, my boyfriend is homophobic so he would say a bad word for this.

    nicee
    see you!

    ReplyDelete