6.09.2010

Sweet Shin'en


This is not actually my favourite picture, but this is the only decent one I have.

It was taken in my room by~ my desk. We set the camera on automatic mode, and the three of us posed at once.

It shows the band my friends and I started last year: Sweet Shin'en. To the left is Daniela, the guitarrist (also know as Aki), on drums in the middle, that's me (leader Nat), and to the right is...Daniela, our bassist (we just call her Moriko or Moshi... because of the japanese sweet rice balls Mochi, except we're chilean, so it's Moshi. I gave her that nickname because she used to call me Loafy, and re-named Aki as Purin, so I thought she needed to be named after some kind of food).

This is not my favourite picture because our vocal, Macarena (or Hitomi, which I prefer) wasn't there with us at that moment, about ten months ago. In fact, we don't have any pictures, all together.

I like it because, as I was telling Jorge earlier, this is what I'm the most proud of; my band, my Jrock band. Last year we started aching to gather and form a band, but the other girls woudn't do much about because neither of us knew how to play any instruments. Except for Moriko, who knows how to play the violin. Or knew... whatever.

The thing is I proclaimed myself as the band leader and found someone to teach us how to play. It was hard, really hard, and sometimes demotivating, but it worked. We managed to learn about five songs before many things happenned in our personal lives, and the band fell on hiatus.

However, I often think we'll resume the band's activities soon. I'll have time, and they will too, and we will rehearse again. And we will beat every other bands's arses, because we'll be the best. We have the strenght, the desire and the will to be the best.

You'll hear from us soon. You just wait~

[From 'Shin'en Strip', 2009. Rehearsal scene with: Hitomi on vocals, Akiko playing guitar, Moriko playing the bass, and Natsuko (me) playing the drums. All rights reserved to ME ♥)


[Angélica]

PD: I love that wall~

2 comments:

  1. That's the famous band!
    We are waiting to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Angelica! I would be well proud of my musical project too. Well done! We'll be waiting for your realease.
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete