6.23.2010

Hazy's Blog ♥

This is a screenshot of Hazy's  (Natalia Muñoz's) blog, http://haziestdinosaur.blogspot.com/ :


And MY reaction when I visited it for the first time, was

Yes, I turned into a pear, and my eyes and nose were gone.

Some information to introduce:
- It's called  "COLORFUL dinosaurs"
- So far, she's  posted 7 entries since march 31st, 2010.

My reaction has a lot to do with the colours and the fonts she used to design her blog's display.
I know she likes dinosaurs and I know she likes bright colors. I don't really have anything against dinosaurs, but I'm more of a dark person, or at least less shiny, so the contrast between the black backround and the colorful letters made me feel transported to a retro kind of place.
It's not a bad feeling, but I WAS a bit shocked. In a nice way, I respect her style.
I wouldn't recommend any changes on the design because I think she has it going her way and that's a good thing.

Although I might change the text font. To make it a bit easier to read, because the one she's using (I don't remember its exact name) is too condensed and confuses the eye (of mine).

Speaking of her blog, I specially liked that entry where she talked about her cellphone--because I thought it was the cutest story with the happiest ending ever~ and also the one where she talked about Laura Vresky, mainly because I felt that Laura's work is a lot like Hazy, like I could easily think the pictures she posted could have been designs of her own. It made a familiar image to me, it felt nice.

About her english, I don't think she's far from right in pretty much everything. There are some tiny little details that she could fix, but not essential issues. She could perfectly communicate with a native speaker and not sound spanglish at all.

I say way to go, Hazy!~

10 comments:

  1. it's quite hard for me to read her blog, but it's funny to open the page and see all the colors that are there

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajaja yes, I also think that it's funny when you open the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Paloma, I think Hazy's blog is quite funny too. And it is very weird the thing related with the pear hehehe :D now I see you eyes and nose are in their location...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time that I arrive in her blog I have to close my eyes a little

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, epilepsy!
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/epilepsy

    I like her style. I'm not that colorful, but I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahahaha, that's true, there's a lot of colour in her blog, but it's fun to see a blog not-so-serious for the class =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg so many colors, my eyes just implosioned! xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh! This is the blog I can't read at all

    Sorry my sight is too bad and I get dizzy easily with this kind of colors because their vibes too much to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh god~ thank you all for commenting! I didn't expect anyone to pay attention to this humble analysis~ :P I see at least we agree in a couple of things:
    - a bit hard to read
    - we love her to have some style

    sweeeeeet~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh. :O *blush*
    ahahaha
    actually the idea -i don't know why- was exactly that it was difficult to read!!! ahaha
    i wanted something like an atari or so.

    Thank you Angélica and everyone for nice comments, i feel like winning a prize or so :DDD

    ReplyDelete